[gmx-users] NPT equilibration without pbc

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 07:29:56 CET 2017

Once again, please describe your system in more detail, because this
isn't about Gromacs (which will correctly refuse pressure coupling for a
finite, deep-nanoscale system). It is about the meaning of where
pressure comes from in simulations and in reality.

In a realistic system "1 bar" would come from the air environment + any
water evaporation in equilibrium with the liquid phase of the droplet.
Even if you made your surface periodic, pressure coupling would have
nothing to do with your finite droplet -- it would be in vacuum.
Consider this work, for instance:
http://www.nature.com/nmat/journal/v15/n1/abs/nmat4449.html

Alex