[gmx-users] Use of -nr for order parameters

Wally Davis wallydavis50 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 20:45:33 CET 2017

My input line is:
gmx order -s test.tpr -f fullTraj.trr -n orderParam.ndx
The index file is formated with 3 groups, one per carbon along the chain of interest.
The error I get is: "In option nr  Required option was not provided, and the default file 'index' does not exist or is not accessible.   The following extensions were tried to complete the file name:  .ndx"
Every example I have seen online does not include an nr option. Any ideas on what this is or how to get rid of the error?

    On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:31 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 3/8/17 4:46 PM, Wally Davis wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use the g_order function. I have formated my .ndx file with one group per carbon and provide this file under the -n input option. However, I alway get the error that the -nr file is not found. What is the extra .ndx file I need to provide?

Please provide your full command and all relevant screen output, including the
error.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629