[gmx-users] Order parameter for double bonded lipids

Merril Mathew mmathe01 at mail.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 00:51:47 CET 2017

Hi,

I followed turorials found on Bevanlab by Justin. I successfully calculated
order parameter for DPPC molecules in my system following the tutorial. My
question is whether the same calculation can be applied for a POPG molecule
with a double bond in the acyl chain.? can I group all the carbon upto the
double bond, therefore ignoring the double bond and the rest of the carbons
in the chain to calculate order parameter? Is that a reasonable analysis to
measure the order of POPG molecules.? Thanks.