[gmx-users] Order parameter for double bonded lipids

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 02:35:16 CET 2017

So this isn't a berger based PG rather a pure GROMOS one. But yes, it
also has problems. The double bond dihedrals don't work well and so you
get really poor order parameters after the double bond (see
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct3003157 for POPC but the same is
true of POPG). From what I remember, this itp also has extraneous
dihedrals in the glycerol regions plus some other issues with the bonded
parameters (http://pubs.acs.org/doi/suppl/10.1021/jp207013v) but I
cannot remember off the top of my head the impact they made.

Up to you to decide with the density calculation.

Cheers

Tom