[gmx-users] Gromacs installation on GPU

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 14:13:44 CET 2017

Hi,

The more simple way to cater for all possibilities is to configure with GPU
support the first time. mdrun observes whether there are actually GPUs at
run time and executes accordingly. But as Justin says, this requires that
you install CUDA when you might not use it, which is usually more
inconvenient than a second GROMACS install when you later decide you need
GPU support.

Mark