[gmx-users] protein-ligand complex mdrun errors

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Mar 18 13:02:56 CET 2017

On 3/17/17 12:43 PM, Vignesh Waran wrote:
> respected sir,
>
>   i am using protein-ligand complex tutorials .this my problem .i have all
> process has been done but like energy minimization result is not coming
> what we do sir ?
>
> my command line   gmx mdrun -v -deffnm em
>

> how to find the clarify the problem?
>  pls tell me sir
>

> GROMACS:      gmx mdrun, VERSION 5.1.2
> Executable:   /usr/local/bin/gmx
> Data prefix:  /usr
> Command line:
>   gmx mdrun -v -deffnm em
>
> *ymbol lookup error: gmx: undefined symbol: getFilenm---this my problem sir*
>
> Running on 1 node with total 4 cores, 8 logical cores
> Hardware detected:
>   CPU info:
>     Vendor: GenuineIntel
>     Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
>     SIMD instructions most likely to fit this hardware: AVX_256
>     SIMD instructions selected at GROMACS compile time: SSE2
>
> Compiled SIMD instructions: SSE2, GROMACS could use AVX_256 on this
> machine, which is better
>
> Reading file em.tpr, VERSION 5.1.2 (single precision)
> Using 1 MPI thread
> Using 8 OpenMP threads
> *ymbol lookup error: gmx: undefined symbol: getFilenm---this my problem sir*

This suggests that you're linking against the wrong version of a library.  How
did you install GROMACS (what was your exact cmake command)? And what does ldd
tell you about the libraries to which mdrun is linked?

-Justin

> bioinformatics at bioinformatics-desktop:~/Desktop/Gromacs$ ls
> em.mdp     mdout.mdp      RET.pdb          RLBP_solv_ions.gro  topol.top
> complex.gro  em.tpr     #mdout.mdp.1#  RLBP1.gro        solv.gro
>  #topol.top.1#
> drg.itp      ions.tpr   minim.mdp      RLBP1.pdb        #temp.topRLSaIL.1#
>  #topol.top.2#
> em.log       JZ4 model  posre.itp      RLBP_newbox.gro  #temp.topW9R5zG.1#
>
> this file run the energy minimization

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629