[gmx-users] Pressure and box volume

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 18:16:56 CET 2017

Hi,

Look at the simulation box volume over time. You can't start making
measurements of pressure at equilibrium until that converges, but
fortunately the volume is less noisy. Then you need a large amount of data
to observe that the average pressure matches the external pressure because
of the massive fluctuations in the former. (Look at a plot of pressure over
time.) Whether that will happen at a desirable volume depends on the
quality of the underlying model.

Mark