[gmx-users] Index is larger than the number of atoms in the trajectory file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Mar 21 13:19:29 CET 2017

On 3/20/17 4:24 PM, Mahboobeh Eslami wrote:
> Hi all GMX usersI hope you are wellI have simulated a protein-ligand complex. My protein has two calcium ions. I want to use GMXPBSA approach for free energy calculation.
> If I remove calcium ions,  I will get following error in the first step of MMPBSA calculation:Fatal error:
> Index[1673] 1676 is larger than the number of atoms in the
> trajectory file (1675). There is a mismatch in the contents
> of your -f, -s and/or -n files.How can I solve this problem. please guide me

You probably only saved a subset of the system when writing the trajectory,
which is now out of sync with an index file that was presumably constructed from
the whole system.  Re-create the index file or save corresponding groups when
writing the trajectory.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629