[gmx-users] calculation of self energy of protein

Saumyak Mukherjee mukherjee.saumyak50 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 22:50:10 CEST 2017

Dear Justin,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that already. I stripped out the protein trajectory using
trjconv, created an appropriate .tpr file using tpbconv (I am using GROMACS
4.5.6), and recalculated energy using mdrun -rerun.

But does the resulting .edr file include only the inherent energy of the
protein or does it have information of the interaction energies with the
solvent as well? That precisely is the point I am confused about.

I tried this with a protein in water system and also simulated a dry
protein separately to compare. The energies were way to different from each
other. Does it mean that the solvent-protein interaction energies are also
involved?

Thanks and regards,
Saumyak

Alternative e-mail : saumyakmukherjee at gmail.com