[gmx-users] Regarding Glycine structure

Dilip H N cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in
Tue Mar 28 05:34:36 CEST 2017

Sorry it was a typing mistake..it is actually

1] To make indexes:-
gmx make_ndx -f md.gro -o Hn-OW.ndx

> del 2
Removed group 2 'SOL'
 > del 1
Removed group 1 'Water'
 > del 0
Removed group 0 'System'
> a H1 H2 H3 OW
Found xxx atoms with name H1 H2 H3 OW
0 H1 H2 H3 OW : xxx atoms

2]Then, Using the index to calculate the pair correlation function for all
frames:-
gmx rdf -f md.trr -s md.tpr -n Hn-OW.ndx -o rdf_Hn-OW.xvg

Available static index groups:
 Group  0 "H1_H2_H3 OW" (xxx atoms)
Specify a selection for option 'ref'
(Reference selection for RDF computation):
(one per line, <enter> for status/groups, 'help' for help)
> 0
Selection '0' parsed
>cntrl+d
Last frame       1000 time 10000.000
Analyzed 1001 frames, last time 10000.000

3] View the plot:

xmgrace rdf_Hn-OW.xvg

and if i view the obtained graphs in xmgrace i am getting only two kinds of
graphs...ie.,
(a) for Hn-OW,Ha-OW etc, graphs are same for OW end indexing and
(b) for Hn-HW,Ha-HW etc., graphs are same for HW end indexing..

My doubts are..
1)What is this only two kinds of graphs am i getting..?? ,
2)I hope the above procedure to get RDF ie., commands 1] gmx make_ndx.....,
2] gmx rdf ..... 3] xmgrace..... are correct in accordance..
3)Or is there any mistake that i am doing..?? Can anybody rectify my
mistakes if any..??

as you have told how to put  Hn atoms in one group and the Ow in
another...??

  <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=cy16f01.dilip@nitk.edu.in&idSignature=22>

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 2:10 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>> 0
>>>
>> Selection '0' parsed
>>
>>> cntrl+d
>>>
>> Last frame       1000 time 10000.000
>> Analyzed 1001 frames, last time 10000.000
>>
>> 3] View the plot:
>>
>> xmgrace rdf_Hn-OW.xvg
>>
>> and if i view the obtained graphs in xmgrace i am getting only two kinds
>> of
>> graphs...ie.,
>> (a) for Hn-OW,Ha-OW etc, graphs are same for OW end indexing and
>> (b) for Hn-HW,Ha-HW etc., graphs are same for HW end indexing..
>>
>> My doubts are..
>> 1)What is this only two kinds of graphs am i getting..?? ,
>> 2)I hope the above procedure to get RDF ie., commands 1] gmx
>> make_ndx.....,
>> 2] gmx rdf ..... 3] xmgrace..... are correct in accordance..
>> 3)Or is there any mistake that i am doing..?? Can anybody rectify my
>> mistakes if any..??
>>

> You're probably just getting a bunch of garbage.  You're apparently
> merging the alpha hydrogen atoms and water oxygens into one group, which
> makes no sense at all.  If you want Ha-Ow RDF, then the Ha* atoms should be
> in one group and the Ow in another.
>
> -Justin
>

>>   <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
>> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&refer
>> ral=cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in&idSignature=22>
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> On 3/27/17 8:50 AM, Dilip H N wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Justin,

>>> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_
>>> Boundary_Conditions
>>>
>>> What you see on the VMD display is its best guess as to how things are
>>> connected.  That's not always right.  The topology is always right.
>>> That's
>>> why trjconv exists.
>>>
>>> 2] and ran nvt,npt,md simulations respectively...and during analysis
>>> part i

>>> or
>>> how you acquired them, so there's no point for either of us in guessing.
>>> Maybe the distribution(s) that you're looking at simply don't vary as a
>>> function of protonation state.
>>>
>>> Is there any tutorials for these as an example..?? solving this would
>>> help

>>> is.
>>> There's nothing special about it that requires a tutorial.
>>>
>>> -Justin
>>>

>>>   <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack

>>> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
>>> Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Postdoctoral Fellow
>>>
>>> Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
>>> School of Pharmacy
>>> Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
>>> University of Maryland, Baltimore
>>> 20 Penn St.
>>> Baltimore, MD 21201
>>>
>>> jalemkul at outerbanks.umaryland.edu | (410) 706-7441
>>> http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/~jalemkul

>>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support
>>> /Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

With Best Regards,

DILIP.H.N
Ph.D Student