[gmx-users] Align a vector with an axis of the box

Chalaoux, Francois-Regis Francois-Regis.Chalaoux at evotec.com
Tue Mar 28 10:35:53 CEST 2017

Hi All and thank you Mark for your answer,

I created a vector with make_ndx between 2 atoms but I can't find how to use this vector with the editconf command. The "rotate" option needs for a vector representing the rotation around axis Z ( 0 , 0 , 60) but the result seems not to be of this amplitude. At startup, the choice with editconf seems not to give the possibility to choose my vector, only the system size (I chose my vector) and the group for output (I chose system).

gmx editconf -f complex.gro -o newbow.gro -bt cubic -n index_vect1.ndx -d 1.0 -rotate 0 0 60

Any idea ?

FR.