[gmx-users] MD for inorganic compound

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Mar 28 14:02:04 CEST 2017

On 3/28/17 5:00 AM, Anjali Patel wrote:
> What is the procedure of using gromacs specially for inorganic compound??
>
> I am beginner for gromacs simulation package, I used it for organic
> compounds. But unable to understand how to deal with inorganic compounds
> and what about the force field and solvent we can use.

There's nothing really special here except to make sure you have a proper force
field that can adequately model whatever species you care about.  You won't find
that likely built in to GROMACS already, but in concert with what you find in
the literature and Chapter 5 of the GROMACS manual, surely you can build a force
field that suits your needs.  GROMACS can do whatever you tell it to do :)

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore