[gmx-users] gromacs-5.1.4 installation issue

abhisek Mondal abhisek.mndl at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:40:49 CEST 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You should ask the cluster maintainers how they intend the compiler to be
> used. You need to find the same infrastructure at run time as you used at
> compile time, e.g. by loading the same modules.
>
> Yes I did check.
I have 2 cluster with identical configurations. In Cluster_1 it compiled
well and running nicely.
But in Cluster_2 it is giving this error.

To check the GLIBCXX version available in both Clusters, we used: strings
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX
Output of BOTH clusters:
GLIBCXX_3.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.3
GLIBCXX_3.4.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.5
GLIBCXX_3.4.6
GLIBCXX_3.4.7
GLIBCXX_3.4.8
GLIBCXX_3.4.9
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

So, I'm confused regarding both the machine does not have  `GLIBCXX_3.4.15`
, then why in one machine /gromacs-5.1.4/lib64/libgromacs_mpi.so.1 is
raising error but not in the other ?

Is there any way to overcome this ? I'm really confused.

Some advice regarding this concern will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.