[gmx-users] chain separator issue for the "gmx do_dssp": do NOT need to provide a "ss.map" file

ZHANG Cheng 272699575 at qq.com
Fri Apr 6 16:13:34 CEST 2018

I would like to share my answer for chain separator issue for the "gmx do_dssp". Millions of thanks to Carsten!

The "gmx do_dssp" will output an additional line as chain separator between two chains. We do NOT need to provide a "ss.map" file in our working directory, and the command will find the default "ss.map" file automatically, and the ss.xpm file will have a line of "========" as the chain separator.

I created my own ss.map file based on http://manual.gromacs.org/online/map.html, and got the "~~~~~~~~~~" as chain separator, which is the same as coils. So do not do this.