[gmx-users] Error when for gmx tune_pme on Cray

Viveca Lindahl vivecalindahl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:52:12 CEST 2018

@Carsten: thanks for the suggestions. I needed the 'aprun -n 1' to be able
to run  with my mpi-binary (otherwise I get 'illegal instruction'). I now
tried

export MPIRUN=aprun; $gmx tune_pme -npstring n -s topol.tpr -np 16 -mdrun
$gmx_mpi

where gmx/gmx_mpi are a thread-mpi/real MPI builds and get

Fatal error:
Need an MPI-enabled version of mdrun. This one
(/cfs/klemming/nobackup/v/vivecal/programs/gromacs/2018.1/bin/gmx)
seems to have been compiled without MPI support.

referring to the mpi build.

@Mark: Do you mean that tune_pme expects the binaries to have exactly these
names gmx/gmx_mpi  (and be in the same location)?

--
Viveca