[gmx-users] Coordinates transformation

Yasser Almeida Hernández yasser.almeida.hernandez at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Aug 15 11:47:55 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I have two different simulations of a membrane protein in a E. coli
model membrane, and I want to analyze the protein-lipids interactions,
by generating 2D density maps. In each simulation, the protein
moves/rotates different along the xy plane of the membrane, and ends up
in a different orientation.

Is there a way to transform the coordinates of one simulation, ex.
superposing one onto the other (taking the protein coordinates of the
first simulation as reference) to have both in the same coordinates
system and the proteins in the same orientation, so I can generate
comparable 2D maps?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Yasser