[gmx-users] Residue not found in topology

Amir Zeb zebamir85 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:04:49 CEST 2018

Hi gromacs users,

I want to simulate a protein where one of the lysine residues is modified
to acetylated lysine and has been denoted by KAC. I want to simulate it by
CharmM 36 ff, but it gave me this error.

Program gmx pdb2gmx, VERSION 5.1.4
Source code file:
/home/chip/Downloads/gromacs-5.1.4/src/gromacs/gmxpreprocess/resall.c,
line: 645

Fatal error:
Residue 'KAC' not found in residue topology database

Is CharmM 36 ff capable to simulate modified residue acetylated lysine?
If yes, what is the ff compatible notation for acetylated lysine?
If not, which ff can I use to simulate acetylated lysine?

Thanks in advance!

Amir