[gmx-users] SWM4-NDP Simulation

Julian Müller mueller at pctc.uni-kiel.de
Thu Aug 23 10:38:40 CEST 2018

Hello,

i'd like to simulate pure water and sodium chloride solutions using the
drude polarizable SWM4-NDP model. I am new to Gromacs and don't know how
to setup the calculation. I simulated SWM4-NDP boxes in LAMMPS before,
but LAMMPS lacks the hardwall constraint for the charged particle on a
spring.

I successfully did small test calculations with the TIP4P water model
and want to transfer to the polarizable model from there.

In the mailing list I found some hints from 2014, that the preparation
of polarizable solvent boxes via pdb2gmx will be available in the near
future but no further information on that in the 2018 manual or the help
function of pdb2gmx. I also tried to build a SWM4-NDP.itp from the
SW.itp but failed miserably at the unfamiliar .itp syntax. Any pointing
in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

best regards

Julian Müller

--
Dr. Julian Müller