[gmx-users] Residue not found in topology

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 23 14:00:58 CEST 2018

On 8/23/18 6:30 PM, Amir Zeb wrote:
> Thanks Justin,
>
> Actually I used Parachem CGenFF server https://cgenff.umaryland.edu/  and
> generated the parameters for KAC.

Do not generate parameters in this way. You will have a mixture of
highly optimized protein parameters for all other residues, then the
CGenFF version of KAC. CGenFF parameters are inherently a trade-off
between optimization and transferability. You'll also end up with a
hodge-podge of bonded parameters that will need to be added and/or
reoptimized to link this residue to its neighbors.

Please follow what I said before and create a proper .rtp entry. It is
quite simple.

> [...]
>
> WARNING: atom HA is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HA to the hydrogen database of building
> block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HB1 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HB1 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HB2 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HB2 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HG1 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HG1 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HG2 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HG2 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HD1 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HD1 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HD2 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HD2 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HE1 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HE1 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HE2 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HE2 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HZ1 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HZ1 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HI11 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HI11 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HI12 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HI12 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HI13 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HI13 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HZ2 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HZ2 to the hydrogen database of
> building block KAC
>           in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)
>

> WARNING: atom HT2 is missing in residue KAC 33 in the pdb file
>           You might need to add atom HT2 to the hydrogen database of

You need to create an .hdb entry for the new residue.

-Justin