[gmx-users] protein dna pulling

abhisek Mondal abhisek.mndl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:11:19 CEST 2018

Hi,
I have been trying to pull a double stranded DNA from protein's binding
surface. But I am facing an issue. After defining the pull vector when I
apply the pull force the DNA's one stand got pulled completely while other
strand partially remain attached (
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6O-L5Y7BiGJfmQ4N2FpblBEcFNxaDZnaGpsUFFEUlotVWFjajR0UFFHNk5aYlhoSHVTWkU
).
Shouldn't the both strands be moving together (as the COM was determined
using residues from both strand of DNA) ?
Some suggestions in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

--
Abhisek Mondal

*Senior Research Fellow*
*Protein Crystallography Group*

*Structural Biology and Bioinformatics Division*
*CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology*

*Kolkata 700032*

*INDIA*