[gmx-users] Heterogeneous GPU cluster question?

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Tue Aug 28 16:31:22 CEST 2018

Dear users (and developers),

My sys. admin. is exploring purchasing some more GPU nodes for our cluster and was curious if we could get away with running GROMACS on a cluster that has two different types of GPUs, i.e. 70% of the nodes have 2 p100 gpus while 30% have volta (both have 2 gpu's per node).?

I've been looking through the mailing list, but haven't bumped into this situation before.

My inclination was to just purchase the "older" p100 since that is what all of the nodes are currently sporting, but thought I would ask to see if anyone has tried this kind of set-up before.

Thanks,

-Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD. MRSC
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics