[gmx-users] [BULK][EXT] Re: PDB code

Smith, Iris smithi4 at ccf.org
Wed Aug 29 19:29:41 CEST 2018

Hi Nick,

I think the big question is what are you trying to simulate – what is your goal? It is critical that you now your protein (e.g. how was it crystalized, any missing atoms, missing residues, hetero atoms, ligands). I think prior to building your system you should first understand your goal and get a stronger foundation on MDS as well as the forcefiled you require to model your system, this will help you better understand the flags for each gmx command.

I would start with first reading the gromacs manual and re-reading the reference paper associated with your PDB. Present your hypothesis and goal(s) to your colleagues – this will help you formulate a hypothesis-driven project.

Iris

[/Users/smithi4/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1833992660]

Iris Nira Smith  |  Postdoctoral Fellow |  Genomic Medicine Institute
Cleveland Clinic  |  9500 Euclid Ave. / NE5-255  |  Cleveland, OH 44195  | (216) 445-7885