[gmx-users] Rupture force definition

Rakesh Mishra rockinbhu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 06:52:07 CET 2018

Dear Justin

Thanks for your explanation . Yes I am agree that it will depend on the k
value and path direction.
Let suppose we map the experimental spring constant and rate then it will
be some how relevant for my study.

My another query is the same from umbrella sampling of puling code.
If I restrain some different molecule (let C ) and give the reference
molecule (let B) and pulling molecule (Let A), then
I found that , when I pull molecule A in + x direction then C has
immobility while  molecule B is feeling opposite force w. r.  t.  molecule
A. i. e. if  molecule A is moving
 along + x direction then reference molecule B starts to move in - x
direction.
Now I want to know that in pulling code, does reference molecule and
pulling molecule connected with imaginary spring, due  to this newton third
law is applying here.

Best