[gmx-users] Rupture force definition

Rakesh Mishra rockinbhu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 09:01:22 CET 2018

Ok, thanks for learifivcation.
Dear Justin I have one  another query regarding
pulling using umbrella sampling. See these two lines below.

Eg.    Pull group   natoms    pbc atom  distance at start    reference at
t=0
                     1        31       1387
                     2        31       686                7.424 nm
7.424 nm

When we use grompp for obtaining .tpr file before mdrun of pulling. We see
2 lines which are shown just above .

My query is that why it is written 7.424 nm in the second line below the
distance at start (written in the first line).
I am asking because, in my thinking my object( reference group ) is very
close to wall ( nearly 2 nm away from the wall of yz. here I am
pulling in + x direction), which I can see in VMD.  Does this distance is
distance from the pull group to the reference group or
distance between pulled group to the wall near the reference group.