[gmx-users] Index file regarding

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 7 15:33:58 CEST 2018

On 5/7/18 9:31 AM, RAHUL SURESH wrote:
> Hi, I have created the index file. Now I want to calculate the rmsd of the
> C-alpha atoms of the index group alone.. So what group should i select?

Please state your goals directly rather than leaving details to come out
bit by bit, it's much more efficient for you to get the resolution you
need in fewer emails.

You can get examples of how to use make_ndx if you type "help" at its
prompt.

You can create a merged group of CA atoms and your custom group of
residues in basically the same way. If you've already created the group
of discontinuous residues (replace X with the actual group number in the
existing index file):

X & a CA

-Justin

> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 6:50 PM, RAHUL SURESH <drrahulsuresh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> thank you.
>>
>> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Shreyas Kaptan <shreyaskaptan at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's 'r37-70 | r 120-167 | ...'  so on and so forth.

>>> of
>>> example,
>>> file?

>>> --
>>> Shreyas Sanjay Kaptan
>>> --
>>>
>>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support
>>> /Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

>>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit
>>>

>> --
>> *Regards,*
>> *Rahul Suresh*