[gmx-users] Quantification of overcharging

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue May 22 08:31:51 CEST 2018

Den 2018-05-22 kl. 05:59, skrev Soham Sarkar:
>   Dear All,
>                 I have a system of two ssDNA of same base sequence. I
> started from lower salt concentration to the higher salt concentration,
> which immediately shows charge reversal at higher charge concentration. I
> want to quantify this overcharging basis on the salt concentration. Please
> help me with the detail procedure, how I can show that there is
> overcharging at the higher concentration regime but not at the lower
> concentration. Thanks in advance.

WHat is overcharging or charge reversal?
At all concentrations there is a continuous distribution of charges
around a nucleic acid polymer.
See e.g. our recent study on RNA with different amounts and types of
ions.
https://academic.oup.com/nar/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nar/gky221/4990003

Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
http://www.icm.uu.se