[gmx-users] Non-symmetric PMF across lipid bilayer

Gmx QA gmxquestions at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:30:16 CET 2018

Hi Jochen

Thanks for your insights. That might possibly be the case, then? I need to
visualize my trajectory to find out I guess.
This is a cyclic peptide being pulled through the membrane, and the
reaction coordinate is indeed the com of the peptide with respect to the
membrane center.

 As I said, I (think I) understand the issues with convergence and slow
degrees of freedom, but I assumed initially that nevertheless my PMF should
be symmetric (but most likely not fully converged). Could one try to
restrain the water molecules somehow to keep them out, or is this simply a
problem of insufficient sampling that cannot be really solved without
adding a lot more simulation data?

/PK