[gmx-users] Lipidbook webpage is off - is it possible to find its content somewhere?

Oliver Beckstein obeckste at asu.edu
Wed Dec 4 01:21:39 CET 2019

Hi Daniel,

We had technical issues with the “server” that Lipidbook was running on (an old ~2006 MacMini…). We are in the process of moving it to a more reliable platform. However, that hasn’t been easy so it’s been dragging on for too long. However, I am happy to say that we are currently working on it.

We will update https://twitter.com/lipidbook <https://twitter.com/lipidbook> once https://www.lipidbook.org <https://www.lipidbook.org/> is operational again.

I should also say that lipidbook was built when it was actually not easy to find lipid parameters and it provided a repository for people to deposit their parameters so that others could easily re-use them. Nowadays this seem to be a less pressing need but there still seem to be some parameter sets stored that are difficult to find elsewhere. However, the structure of the site is not simple so I can’t just make a bunch of files available. I’m sorry, you’ll have to wait until the site is up again — apologies again.

Oliver

Oliver Beckstein, DPhil * oliver.beckstein at asu.edu
https://becksteinlab.physics.asu.edu/

Associate Professor of Physics
Arizona State University
Center for Biological Physics and Department of Physics
Tempe, AZ 85287-1504
USA

Office: PSF 348
Phone: +1 (480) 727-9765