[gmx-users] How to calculate the spatial distribution function for the last 50ns of the trajectory?

Peiyin Lee peiyinlee329 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 03:13:43 CET 2019

Dear users,

   I have a simulation that has a 400 ns trajectory and I would like to
calculate the spatial distribution function of the last 50ns. I followed
the instructions on gmx_spatial manual and everything was ok if I run the
first 50ns of the trajectory instead of the last 50 ns. However, once I
changed the command from gmx_mpi trjconv -s md.tpr -f md.xtc -b 0 -e 50000
-o b.tng -boxcenter tric -ur compact -pbc none
to gmx_mpi trjconv -s md.tpr -f md.xtc -b 350000 -e 400000 -o b.tng
-boxcenter tric -ur compact -pbc none
and then ran gmx_mpi trjconv -s md.tpr -f b.tng  -o c.tng -fit rot+trans
I would get an error saying:

WARNING: Incomplete frame: nr 0 time 0

WARNING no output, last frame read at t=0

I have checked my trajectory with gmx_check and the trajectory is fine. I
wonder why those two commands only work with -b 0, but not -b anyothertime.
Does anyone have an idea? Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Peiyin