[gmx-users] Chemical Shifts prediction using gmx chi -shift

Florent Langenfeld langenfeld.florent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 12:14:44 CET 2019

Dear Christian,

Thanks for your answer.

Correct me if I'm wrong: the **-shift.dat grids contain chemical shift deviations compared to a set
of reference (amino-acid-dependent) chemical shifts (taken from table 2 of "D. S. Wishart and A. M. Nip, Protein
Chemical Shift Analysis: A Practical Guide, Biochem. Cell Biol., 76, 1998, 153-163), and these deviations
are picked up according to the phi-psi angle of each residue (there are 18 rows and columns in the grid files,
so my guess is that dihedral angles are binned according to a 20° scheme), for each frame of the trajectory.

The final result is then the mean of the deviations for each chemical shift considered (Ca, Ha, CO and Cb).

In the paper you cite, I cannot find the reference value for Alanine and Tyrosine residues;
so I am wondering where the reference values for these residues come from.

Thanks again for your help!

Best,

Florent