[gmx-users] [gmx-user] 300K vs 310K for molecular dynamic simulation

Myunggi Yi myunggi at pukyong.ac.kr
Mon Dec 30 02:55:10 CET 2019

Dear Quin,

Since the lab temperature is around 300K, people who want to reproduce some
specific (in vitro) experiment results run simulation at 300K.
What is your target? Experimental condition? body temperature?

It's up to you.

If your simulations show significantly different results by 10K difference,
then it's very interesting.
If you have enough sampling, then it's interesting.
However, if your sampling is not enough, then you need to run MD longer
and/or more.
Carefully analyze them and publish your results.

Best wishes,