[gmx-users] Residue 'UNK' not found in residue topology database

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Sep 7 17:29:47 CEST 2019

On 9/7/19 10:28 AM, Navneet Kumar Singh wrote:
> How to do this. I am using CHARMM36 force-field.
>
> Even if I follow " adding a new residue to force field" from GROMACS
> documentation. I have to add/modify several things. Like .rtp files;.hdb
> files; atomtypes.atp etc. But to add these new parameters in these files ?

If you already have an .itp file for the ligand, it is as simple as
removing the coordinates from the starting structure, generating the
protein topology with pdb2gmx, adding an #include statement for the
ligand .itp file, and specifying 10 of the ligand in [molecules].

-Justin

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall