[gmx-users] Residue 'UNK' not found in residue topology database

Navneet Kumar Singh navneetcdl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 19:13:45 CEST 2019

Thank You Sir!

I just removed the ligand part from the system.

Used Peptides+Water--Used pdb2gmx to create .gro file

converted the ligand.pdb in to .gro using command *gmx editconf -f unk.pdb
-o unk.gro*

combined the peptides+water.gro and ligand.gro to form ----complex.gro
updated the number of atoms.

Took a single UNK_fix.mol2 file and converted it to unk.itp file using the
method described in the protein-ligand complex tutorial at mdtutorials.com

Then updated the unk.itp and unk.prm file information in topol.top file.

Performed the energy minimization and everything went fine.

Sir is this right approach ?