[gmx-users] Fwd: SIMD options

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 14:27:18 CEST 2019

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 8:58 AM Stefano Guglielmo
<stefano.guglielmo at unito.it> wrote:

> I apologize for the mistake, there was a typo in the object that could be
> misleading, so I re-post with the correct object,
> sorry.

Unlikely, but not impossible. I would however expect that a CPU-only
GROMACS run would also lead to a crash. Can you try to do an AVX2_128
CPU-only run (e.g. mdrun -ntmpi 64 -ntomp 1 -nb cpu) and let it run
for a few hours?

> Does anyone have any idea about the
> reason why gromacs does not seem to automatically recognize any options for
> my AMD threadripper? Can there be any solutions for this?

That is certainly unexpected, perhaps there is an issue with your
compler toolchains. What compiler are you using? Can you please share
your cmake detection output and CMakeCache.txt?

Cheers,
--
Szilárd