[gmx-users] Scale Triclinic Box

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 4 13:54:21 CEST 2020

On 4/3/20 11:16 PM, Maryam Sadeghi wrote:
> Hi Salman,
>
> Tnx for the info, I actually want to do the cold-compression on my
> crystalline structure. So basically I need to both compress and expand the
> a and b parameters of the unit cell (the c parameter is already
> optimized)... so it's not just building a supercell, but rather scaling
> only 2 parameters of the unit cell simultaneously while remaping the new
> coordinates inside the scaled cell... could "gmx  genconf -nbox ... ...
> ..." handle this?

It sounds like you need to actually perform a simulation in which high
pressure is applied to compress the box. genconf is for duplicating a
box N times in each dimension, and while you can change box vectors and
scale coordinates with editconf (-scale option), this is not the same as
compressing them and bond lengths, etc. will become distorted.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.