[gmx-users] What is the "gen-vel" used for?

Sun Yeping yepingsun80 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 04:08:03 CET 2020

I guess I understand what you mean, but could you clarify it further? I
usually perform the simulations by the following process:

(1) energy minimization (EM); (2) NVT for 1 ns with heavy atom restraints;
(3) NPT for 1 ns with heavy atom restrains; (4) production simulation
without restraints.

To prove repeatability, I think I need to set up several parallel
simulations. Could I perform the NPT step for 3 different durations such as
1 ns, 2 ns, 5 ns to get three different velocities at the final frame of
the three NPT simulations, and remove the restraints and continue the
simulation from these velocities respectively? Thus I will get three
production simulations start from different velocities.

Or do I need to stop a so-called production simulations (without restraint)
at different time points and get three configurations, and repeat the EM,
NVT, NPT and production simulation steps for the three configurations
respectively to get three independent trajectories?

Best regards,

Yeping