[gmx-users] What is the "gen-vel" used for?

Neena Susan Eappen neena.susaneappen at mail.utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 4 03:11:25 CET 2020

Yeping Sun,

Quoting Justin's answer for a similar question I had on how to repeat a simulation say 10 times
 " To run 10 independent simulations, I would run minimization once and start from 10 new equilibration runs, each with a different set of initial velocities (change gen_seed or simply set to -1).That approach may not be as robust as starting from 10 different configurations, but the exact approach depends on the system in question".