[gmx-users] cant compute msd

Christian Blau blau at kth.se
Wed Jan 8 11:22:40 CET 2020

Hi Devargya,

I believe it's the mixture of -mol and -o options at the same time that leads to the unexpected behaviour - there can
only be one .xvg output for this tool and we'll see to having it fixed.

Do you get any diff_mol.xvg files instead?

The documentation states that

"If -mol is set, gmx msd plots the MSD for individual molecules (including
making molecules whole across periodic boundaries): for each individual
molecule a diffusion constant is computed for its center of mass. The chosen
index group will be split into molecules."

Best,

Christian