[gmx-users] Query regarding do_dssp program

Sundari sundi6170 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:28:05 CET 2020

Hello Dear,

Actually I was thinking the same i.e. gromacs use "dssp" criteria and vmd
use "stride" algorithm for secondary structure determination.
But the expected error in the two algorithms should not be more than 5%
according to the literature. Here, In my case, the structure contains a lot
of beta-sheets by dssp and that sequence in vmd is showing 5-helix instead
of beta-sheets. I am in a confusion now because I want the snapshots of the
structures obtained by gromacs dssp.

Can you please suggest which algorithm should I use for 2ndary structure or
there is any way to animate secondary structure in vmd according to dssp
algorithm.

Best regards,
Sundari