[gmx-users] Calculating C-alpha RMSD for coarse grained simulation

Bhupendra Dandekar bhupendra.dandekar001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 04:57:44 CET 2020

Dear Rebeta

Did you visualise your trajectory? If not then kindly first do that.
If the protein in your CG simulation is fluctuating a lot then the rmsd of
3.5 can make sense.

Also, prepare a separate index for protein BB(backbone) bead only and use
it in rmsd fitting as well as rmsd calculation. There might be large
fluctuations in the sidechains compared to protein backbone which is giving
the resulting higher value of rmsd than expected.

Best wishes.
Bhupendra