[gmx-users] gmx genconf

Christian Blau blau at kth.se
Thu Jan 16 10:04:06 CET 2020

Hi Alex,

It's not possible with genconf. genconf only ever outputs a single
structure. If you provide a trajectory, each frame in the trajectory is
matched with a grid position that is then output as a single structure.

If you're looking into this for the sake of visualisation, tools like
vmd and pymol usually do provide the functionality to generate periodic
images. If you're after some analysis, it's often better to make use of
the symmetry properties in the analysis explicitly rather than doubling
the data.

Best,

Christian