[gmx-users] Calculating C-alpha RMSD for coarse grained simulation

Rabeta Yeasmin rabetayeasmin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 23:32:05 CET 2020

Hi,

I have solved the issue. I had problem in pbc correction step. It is good
to follow some steps in order to get a good result. What I have used is
-First made the molecules as whole to remove stretching in the structures
(protein, membrane) due to pbc effect.
*gmx trjconv -s step6.0_minimization.tpr -f 0A-1.xtc -o 0A-1-pbc-whole.xtc
-pbc whole -n index-all.ndx*

But my protein is a dimer, this command made the two monomer separated.
That's why I had to cluster the two monomer after the above command.
*gmx trjconv -s step6.0_minimization.tpr -f 0A-1-pbc-whole.xtc -o
0A-1-pbc-whole-cluster.xtc -pbc cluster -n index-all-new.ndx*

I had calculated the RMSD after this, it looks reasonable now.
Thanks for suggesting to check the trajectory.

Rabeta Yeasmin