[gmx-users] pdb2gmx picks up the wrong .tdb files?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 16 23:34:54 CET 2020

On 1/16/20 10:07 AM, András Ferenc WACHA wrote:

> Dear Justin,
>
> thank you. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in Gromacs? Do
> you have a suggestion how to make this work? Should I rename the
> terminal patches or should I put everything under one basename
> (sacrificing cleanliness and maintainability)?

Without spending a long time going through the code, likely what is
happening is pdb2gmx is loading the .rtp files in alphabetical order,
finding the first match of LYS (which occurs in your beta-amino acid
file) and loads the matching .tdb file - this is why alpha-amino acids
don't work; they're interpreted as beta. The cleanest solution would
probably be to prefix your beta-amino acids to change their residue
names, e.g. BLYS instead of LYS in both the .rtp and coordinate files.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.