[gmx-users] how to include multiple energy groups for interaction energy calculation?

sunyeping sunyeping at aliyun.com
Tue Jan 21 08:06:19 CET 2020

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reply. "energygrps = Protein LIG1 LIG2 LIG3 LIG4" can do the work. I still have a couple of questions:

(1) When using the "gmx energy -f ie.edr -o ie.xvg" to extract the interaction energy, the interested energy terms should be input. Because there are four ligands in my structure, there are accordingly 16 terms, for example, 22 Coul-SR:Protein-LIG1, 23 LJ-SR:Protein-LIG1, 24 Coul-14:Protein-LIG1 and 25 LJ-14-LIG1 etc.. I can input the no. of these 16 terms one by one as "22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37", but is there a simple syntax for this selection? I tried "22 to 37" and "22-37", but they doesn't work.

(2) I find that the values of  all  Coul-14 and LJ-14 terms are zero. Does this make any sense?

Best,

Yeping Sun