[gmx-users] .dat file from gmx densmap doestnottmatchtprescribedtsize

Michele Pellegrino micpel at kth.se
Wed Jan 22 22:59:27 CET 2020

I tried just now: it did not work: 1728 values expected, 1645 values in the .dat file.
I managed to make it work by defining the number of values in each direction as (in Python):
Nx = np.sqrt(Nda*Lx/Lz)
Nz = Nx*Lz/Lx
Nx = int( np.round(Nx) )
Nz = int( np.round(Nz) )
being Nda the number of values in the .dat file and Lx (resp. Lz) the lenght of the simulation box in the x (z) direction (np stands for numpy).
However, I believe this manipulation should not be necessary.

Cheers,
Michele