[gmx-users] Cell Membrane Potential

Du, Yu duyu at sioc.ac.cn
Fri Jan 31 09:40:49 CET 2020

Hi Frank,

I have never conducted any simulation on membrane potential, but you reminded me of the fact that many molecular dynamics simulations on membrane proteins do not consider the membrane potential which is ubiquitous and versatile in biological environment.

If the membrane potential is a factor in your study, as it's in voltage-gated ion channel system, please refer to previous research papers and the following links:

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/user-guide/mdp-options.html#electric-fields
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/reference-manual/special/electric-fields.html

Du, Yu
PhD Student,