[gmx-users] GROMACS automation

John Whittaker johnwhittake at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 12 12:49:58 CET 2020

> I was planning to put the velocities in the .gro file from which I am
> inserting the molecules. If the gmx insert-molecules will ignore the
> velocities of the atoms, can you please guide me how can I insert the
> molecules with a velocity ?
> I have read a paper which mentions that they inserted the molecules  and
> the velocities of the ATOMS were sampled from a distribution with standard
> deviation =xx and mean = xxx.

Which paper?

You probably have to add the velocities yourself with a script that
samples from the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution at the appropriate
temperature and adds those velocities to the atoms in your .gro file.

Perhaps there is an easier way that someone can shed some light on, but
that's what immediately comes to mind.

- John