[gmx-users] GROMACS automation

Mohamed Abdelaal m.b.abdelaal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:10:21 CET 2020

The paper information is as below :
Title: Elucidating the Spatial Arrangement of Emitter Molecules in Organic
Light-Emitting Diode Films
Authors: Claire Tonnel + , Martin Stroet + , Bertrand Caron, Andrew J.
Clulow, Ravi C. R. Nagiri, Alpeshkumar K. Malde, Paul L. Burn,* Ian R.
Gentle, Alan E. Mark,* and Benjamin J. Powell
https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201610727
in the supporting documents page 9 they mentioned how they simulated the
evaporation process.

Regarding the automation and the script writing, I need to insert one
molecule with the required velocity and then remove the atom if moving in
the opposite direction and repeat the process until I have 3000 atom. you
told me to write a script and make each step's output the input to the next
step and so on. how can I do this part linking the step's output to the
next step input.
for example I want:
insert molecule
remove the molecule if moving in the opposite direction
insert
remove if
.
.
.
Do I need just to write it and copy it 3000 time or how can I do it ?

Many Thankss
Mohamed