[gmx-users] comm-grps

Magnus Lundborg magnus.lundborg at scilifelab.se
Mon Mar 23 13:54:35 CET 2020

Hi Alex,

Using

"comm-grps = thin film"

should be right, yes. In theory

"comm-mode = Linear-acceleration-correction"

could improve things, but is mainly useful if you are actively pulling
the molecule through, i.e., what you are probably doing when generating
the windows.

There was a user report the other day ("2020.1: comm broken with -update
gpu -bonded gpu ?​") that said that comm removal did not work when
combining update and bonded on gpu. That could be the problem in this
case as well, especially if it turns out that it's running the bonded
interactions on gpu that's the issue.

Cheers,

Magnus