[gmx-users] comm-grps

Alex alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:10:50 CET 2020

Hi Magnus,
Thanks for the response.

As I said before the system contains the "thin film + molecule A ( single
molecule) intended for the PMF calculation + Water".
And actually by the “comm-grps = thin film” the gmx grompp failed as some
atoms are not part of any center of mass motion removal group (VCM groups).

However, the two following options work:

“comm-grps = thin_film Mol_A SOL”
or
“comm-grps = Other SOL”

Where the Other group contains the thin film and molecule A, the
pull_group2 and pull_group1, respectively.
Which one do you recommend, please?

Thank you
Alex